21 December, 2021
What is the DP?
The DP is a two-year, comprehensive and rigorous program for students aged 16-19, focusing on a balanced curriculum that prepares students with the knowledge and skills needed for higher education, employment, and life. Students choose six subjects to study, along with the mandatory core subjects; and by satisfying necessary requirements, students will be awarded the IB DP Diploma, which is globally recognized by many universities.
The IB DP Model
IB Cores and Subject Groups
The IB core includes three components:
- Theory of knowledge, in which students reflect on the nature of knowledge and on how we know what we claim to know.
- The extended essay, which is an independent, self-directed piece of research, finishing with a 4,000-word paper.
- Creativity, activity, service, in which students complete a project related to those three concepts.
The six subject groups are:
- Group 1: Studies in language and literature
- Group 2: Language acquisition
- Group 3: Individuals and societies
- Group 4: Sciences
- Group 5: Mathematics
- Group 6: The arts
For our first cohort, we will offer the following subjects:
|Group 1||Group 2||Group 3||Group 4||Group 5|
|English A - Language and Literature||English B||Economics||Physics||Mathematics: analysis and approaches|
|Vietnamese literature||French ab initio||Chemistry|