Recruitment notice: Middle School ESL Teacher
30 September, 2021
Job title: Middle School ESL Teacher
Category: Full time, permanent
Division: Middle School
Report to: Head of English Program
- Preparing curriculum, lesson plans, and teaching materials for class instruction and activities, updating and managing information on the school digital platform(s).
- Teaching English to Middle School students (grades 5 – 8) according to the requirements of the school’s curriculum.
- Effectively implement and adapt teaching methods, learning strategies and instructional materials to meet the needs and interests of student, including those who need extra assistance.
- Conducting assessments of student attainment, monitoring their academic progress, and providing pertinent feedback.
- Establishing classroom expectations, observing and evaluating student performance, promote and develop students’ academic, personal, and social development in and beyond the classroom.
- Working with teachers, parents/guardians to discuss student’s progress and to support them in any issues, both behavioral and academic ones.
- Attending faculty meetings, professional development training, and school events, any other related assignments.
- Candidates with a University Degree in Education, PGCE and similar degrees/authorized teaching certificates are prioritized. Minimum requirement is a Bachelor Degree in related field in hand with a Qualification in teaching.
- Extensive background knowledge, skills and experience in teaching relevant disciplines.
- At least 2 years of teaching experience.
- Willing to commit to at least a 1-year full-time contract.
III. How to apply:
Email your application to email@example.com before 10 October 2021.
Application should include an updated CV, an application letter, copies of related degrees and certificates, copies of your passport and TRC/visa, letters of recommendation. We also prefer to receive teaching samples such as videos (online and offline classes), presentation slides, lesson plans, worksheets…