1. GENERAL INFORMATION:
- Position:International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (PYP) Coordinator
- School level: Primary
- Report to: Head of Schools
- Position posted: 3/4/2021
- Deadline: 30/4/2021
The Olympia Schools in Hanoi, Vietnam is delighted to announce that we have been approved to become an IB candidate school for the PYP. While we are pursuing the authorization as an IB World School, we seek a dedicated and passionate IB PYP Coordinator to join our team as early as possible.
Founded in 2007, The Olympia Schools is a comprehensive K-12 educational system established as an extension of the Dream House Educational System (since 2003). These private schools serve the unique needs of families, both national and international, in Hanoi who are in search of a high-quality, international-standard education for their children at the age from 5 to 18 years old.
Olympia’s educational philosophy is based on progressive ideologies, consistent with the liberal education philosophy: Enlightenment, Humanism, Life Orientation. The school community has developed a series of aligned Guiding Statements, endorsed by the Board of Directors, which drive the planning, decision-making, and actions of the school. The Board of Directors intends for these statements to extend to the entire Olympia’s community.
The school Administration Team monitors and measures the extent to which the Guiding Statements are effectively implemented on a regular basis. The following statements comprise TOS’s Guiding Statements:
-Vision Statement: We model ourselves as a School of the Future, preparing the next generations to thrive in a changing world and work towards sustainable development.
-Mission Statement: Olympia creates a challenging experiential learning environment that motivates all students to grow their characters and competencies so that they can co-create the future in a new world.
- IB and the Olympia Schools’ Learner Profile
The learner profile provides a long-term vision of education at the Olympia Schools. It is a set of ideals that can inspire, motivate and focus the work of schools and teachers, uniting them in a common purpose.
3. POSITION OVERVIEW:
Together with the Head of Schools, all the members of the Primary school’s management team, and of the Academic Board, the PYP Coordinator will be involved and responsible for the development, implementation, and organization of all IB PYP activities, and ideally offer some support to the development and authorization phase of IB Diploma Programme. We offer a very attractive package for the candidate. In addition, an outstanding remuneration will be provided for candidates with professional advantages and extensive experience in setting up an IB school (PYP and DP at this stage), taking the leading role in curriculum planning, teaching, professional development, and the school authorization process.
- Caring, open-minded
- Positive role model
- Willing to adapt to a local dynamic learning environment
- Change management
- Expertise in the development of IB Continuum
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Effective instructional coach
- High level of organizational skills and great attention to details
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education
- Valid teaching certification
- Knowledge of and experience with the IB PYP program in a K-12 IB school
- Minimum 3 years of teaching experience at the primary school level
- Master’s Degree in Education, ideally in Curriculum and Learning
- Certification in Educational Leadership, at least 2 years’ experience in a managerial role
- Experience in setting up a new IB school
- Experience and understanding of best practice in differentiation and inclusion
- Experience of working with a diverse international community
- Experience of accreditation/ evaluation processes
- A research-based educator
- A supporter of holistic and inclusive learning
5. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
5.1. Programme Development:
● Develops systems and documentation to foster the establishment and ensure the continuity of the programme.
● Makes sure that the school meets all IBO regulations and standards in an agreed timeline.
5.2. IB PYP classroom teaching:
● Provides classroom teaching for our pioneering PYP – oriented Grade 1 class(es), in collaboration with the Grade Division Coordinator and other co-teachers.
5.3. Staff professional development:
● Ensures that staff members are made aware of professional development (online or face-to face) opportunities.
● Lead the internal training on mapping and delivering the IB PYP curriculum efficiently.
● Makes recommendations regarding professional development opportunities in-school and out-school, especially the relevant IB authorized Professional Development program(s).
● Assists teams and individuals in developing units of inquiry.
● Mentors and models good inquiry practice in the classrooms.
● Establishes and maintains a record of completed planners.
● Publishes the school’s programme of inquiry.
● Leads the process of developing or reviewing the school’s scope and sequence documents.
● Participates in the formation of the school’s strategic development plan.
● Observes teaching, learning, and assessing and collects all necessary information considering the status and changes of the programme.
● Ensures regular monitoring of students’ progress in the IB subjects and record their progress
5.5. Resource management:
● Makes recommendations for the purchase of suitable resources to support the implementation of the programme.
● Establishes an inventory of resources to facilitate efficient management.
● Consults teachers about different questions concerning the IBO and the PYP.
● Represents the school to collaborate with parents, education specialists, and other organizations.
● Provides a liaison between the school and the IBO.
● Provides outreach to the wider PYP community through various channels and activities.
6. PERFORMANCE EVALUATION
The performance will be evaluated by the Head of Schools based on the job description and in accordance with provisions in the School’s policy and the applicable regulations of that policy.
7. REMUNERATION PACKAGE
● A very competitive salary
● Commitment bonus for one year of successful completion
● Continuity bonus
● Professional Development opportunities
● International Medical Health Insurance
● Relocation allowance at the beginning and end of the employment if applicable
● Breakfast and lunch included
● Holidays: 2 weeks at Christmas, summer holiday
● A two-year contract with 6-month probation, renewable on mutual agreement
8. HOW TO APPLY
● Please send in your full application including your resume, scans of all relevant documents/certifications and a copy of your passport.
● Deadline for applications: by 30th April 2021, the posts are open until filled.
● Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
● Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org