Olympia is fully accredited for grades K-12 by ACS-WASC
04 Tháng 3, 2022
We are honored and proud to announce that The Olympia Schools has been granted accreditation by the Accrediting Commission for Schools, Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACS-WASC). Accreditation is granted for all 4 school levels (kindergarten, primary, middle and high school). This is a firm testimony and recognition for the School’s 15-year commitment to building a student-centered environment that focuses on high learning quality and holistic well-being for ALL students.
WASC accreditation is a rigorous and comprehensive process, which applies ACS-WASC accreditation criteria to study and examine The Olympia Schools on every aspect, including mission, vision, core values, learning and teaching quality, student outcomes, teachers and staff competences, quality control, facilities, and entire operational procedures. The ACS-WASC committee report noted many areas of strength exhibited within The Olympia Schools, some of which are the following:
- The governing authority’s policies, procedures and practices are aligned with the school’s philosophy and support student learning and well-being.
- The school leadership makes decisions that focus the energies of the school on students' achievement and well-being.
- The school leadership is committed to research-based practices which inform schoolwide priorities including character development.
- High achievement of all students in relation to goals, schoolwide learner outcomes and academic standards. The Olympia students are motivated, fully supported and engaged resulting in strong demonstration and understanding of the school’s core values (PREPARE).
- The highly effective and future forward curriculum incorporates international standards and frameworks which extends beyond national standards.
- Qualified staff are supported by robust Olympia University professional development modules and teacher evaluation system which solidifies the Olympia Schools shared understanding and implementation of approaches to learning and teaching.
- The school leadership, facility and security management create and maintain a safe environment which supports student learning and overall well-being of all stakeholders.
- The teachers create safe spaces where students feel comfortable and confident in speaking up, asking for help, and expressing their individual opinions.
- The student support network, including homeroom and advisory teachers, school counsellors and psychologists, for the support it provides allowing all students to access and experience success in the school program.
- Ongoing improvement and accountability - the school’s Quality Assurance and Quality Control aspects are extended into learning and the day-to-day operations of the school.
WASC’s accreditation means transcripts of Olympia students will now carry the recognition and can be stamped or embossed with the ACS WASC accredited seal. Through the WASC accreditation cycle, the school conducts an in-depth self-study, normally every five or six years; hosts an accreditation visit by fellow educators; and engages all stakeholders in a follow-up process of implementing, monitoring, and refining the resulting schoolwide action plan.
Congratulations and deep thanks to all school members, students, and parents for your dedication!
The Accrediting Commission for Schools, Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), a world-renowned accrediting association and one of the six regional accrediting agencies in the United States, works closely with the Office of Overseas Schools under the U.S. Department of State. WASC provides assistance to schools worldwide, especially in California, Hawaii, Guam, Asia, the Pacific Region, the Middle East, Africa, and Europe. Accreditation is a collaborative self-reflection and evaluation of all aspects of the school’s program and its impact on student learning and well-being based on the WASC research-based criteria. Furthermore, accreditation is a certification to the public that the school is a trustworthy institution of learning and well-being that is committed to continuous improvement. To learn more about WASC and the accreditation process, visit www.acswasc.org.